Wind turbine generators supplying houses with electricity is becoming popular in Russia. Recently, more and more consumers prefer using self-generated power supply by installing autonomous wind-powered generators. Environmental-friendly, availability, inexhaustible wind energy, user-friendly operation re the major effective factors of wind-powered equipment.
Modern wind turbine generators are effective remedies in attaining energy independence and safety of different sites. These wind turbine units could compete with traditional electrical power supply sources. In view of this fact designers in numerous countries are interested in finding alternative energy sources and are improving existing wind turbine models and are developing new ones.
When implementing the energy- efficient project for residential house, located at 7 Neftyanya St,. Tomsk, engineer-designers of "SibTechProject" LLC developed and designed pilot model of 100kW wind turbne generator “Gulyaypole.”
This generator runs off the power-consuming units and battery charges being installed to compensate instability off wind potential power (WPP).
Wind turbine generator is of several units. Load-bearing part- frame on which the following units are fixed: rotor, blades, generator, equipment.
Rotor is the most important and complicated construction component, which captures the wind flows. By means of this blade wind force is converted into rotor torque. Torque is transferred to the electrical generator which, in its turn, generates electricity. Wind turbine generator captures wind flows regardless of their direction, as the rotor is designed in the way that wind direction plays no role and the rotor will be rotating constantly improving the efficiency of the unit itself.
The designers made the following calculations before designing the model itself:
1. Wind calculation of rotor determines the working efficiency of the rotor. The calculation determined localized pressure on the blade, propelling force, maximum rotor rotation speed, rotor speed to wind velocity dependency.
2. Static calculation of rotor determines quiescent state, static deformation of rotor, load factor in quiescent state, as well as determining deflection and rotor deformation uniformity.
3. Dynamic calculation of rotor determines dynamic deformation on the rotor base and blade due to gravity load, air mass pressure. Calculation determined irregular deformation coefficient, rotor instability coefficient at maximum rotation.
4. Modal calculation of rotor determines the average rotor life cycle at normal and / or allowable load, as well as rotor deformation at increasing and decreasing load.
5. Calculation of static loads on frame determines maximum deformation and load factor at gravity loads.
6. Calculation of dynamic loads on frame determines dynamic deformation of the frame and dynamic load factor. Calculation determined maximum irregular deformation coefficient at dynamic loads, geometry flexibility at loads.
7. Modal calculation of frame determines the average frame life cycle at nominal and / or allowable load.
8. Calculation of frame support determines nominal frame rail oblique angle. This calculation determines the maximum optimization and upgrading of frame structure.
9. Calculation of frame bearing blocks for rotor. Calculation of rotor bearing blocks determines maximum load on rotor bearing blocks, maximum deformation of rotor seat.
10. Calculation of bearing blocks determines life cycle and loads at maximum and nominal loads on axis.
11. Calculation of multiplier including toothed gear which increases generator shaft speed. Multiplier gears, bearings and shaft were also calculated. Load factor of multiplier units, maximum load for gears were determined.
12. Calculation of wind inflow above building – to determine correct installation of wind turbine generator. Wind inflow force on building roof is calculated, as well as calculation of air velocity near 20-storey building.
Wind turbine generator model was tested. Design documentation was developed, as well as technical specifications.
Significant practical result was the calculation of optimal wind turbine generator model combined with solar cell batteries to develop an economic and effective electrical supply system for residential houses.
“Gulyaypole” can be connected to electrical block plan and/or AC/DC to conserve or compensate electrical energy. Wind turbine generator include circuit protection device for storm winds and automatic braking unit. This installation can be remote controlled, all operating parameters are transmitted to the console.
Technically, wind turbine generator integrates well with other energy sources and can operate with diesel generator, solar cell batteries and / or other energy sources.
External and internal parts of wind turbine generator are made of rust-resisting material and/or is in-housed protective and protective-decorative coating according with GOST 9.301, varnish-paint and/or powdered polymeric coating (class IV and lower)according with GOST 9.032. Generator installation is reliable, environmental friendly and noise level in accordance with GOST requirements.